Nowadays, there is an online tool for anything, especially for marketing.
Don’t you know how to do something, or don’t you have time for it? You bet there’s a tool that could solve your problem in a few minutes.
The so-called “marketing tools” are online services that help who works in marketing to carry out one or more of the daily tasks.
The only limit is your imagination: the available service range from the automation of post publishing on social networks, to influencers contacting activities, to the analysis of a web page, to the brand reputation analysis.
Orienting oneself is not easy, especially for those who have to figure out which tools to choose for their company. There are many categorizations, such as the Scott Brinder’s one and the famous Lumascape, which, however, are difficult to understand by non-experts.
Therefore, after analyzing more than a thousand tools we have identified a structure that we believe is simpler, dividing the tools according to their main purpose:
1. Marketing oriented
- Social media manager: they help save time in managing social channels, optimizing activities such as post scheduling, hashtag choosing, automatic messages sending, etc.
- Content creation & management: different types of tools that help create (or commission) and manage all marketing content, from the editorial calendar, to articles and texts, to images and infographics, to ebooks and videos.
- Advocacy & Influencer Marketing: tools to find loyal customers, bloggers, journalists and other influential media in a particular area, to contact them and then manage the relationship over time.
- SEO tools: tools focused on the analysis of the SEO ranking of a site, to identify directions for improvement.
2. Customer Oriented
- Web & Social Listening: tools that capture all conversations taking place on social channels, blogs, forums and online newspapers, allowing brands to understand what is said about them and react in real time. This is the type we know best, since we use them every day and we are partner of the best ones in the world.
- Social Customer Care: tools to improve customer service management, optimizing opening and resolution of tickets and reacting in a productive way: listening to social networks allows to proactively solve problems even for users who have not contacted the company directly but who expressed their discomfort online.
3. Sales oriented
- Advertising manager: tools to facilitate and optimize advertising efforts, both on Google Adwords and other display publisher networks, and on social networks like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.Sales focused tools: tools that help find new potential clients and to optimize commercial proposals. Useful especially for B2B and technology companies, they use sophisticated systems to identify people who are potentially interested in your services, and then contact them.
- Email marketing: a world of services to create and manage email and newsletter sending.
- Marketing Automation: tools that automate all marketing activities during the purchasing process; for example, sending an email to the user after it has passed on the site, sending a voucher after a week from a purchase, launching re-marketing activities, etc.
4. Analytics Oriented:
- Social Media Analytics: tools that quantify the results obtained by our social networks
- Website Analytics: tools to analyze the traffic to your website, in order to better know your audience, improve your site and your products.
- Competitive Intelligence: tools that span different areas, from social media, SEO, website, etc. that collect information on digital activities of other companies.
We love these tools as well and are part of our CMI armory!
Confused by all these tools? Don’t worry, think that each of them is an opportunity to better reach your customers!
Today you NEED to be armed with these tools, one for every area of your marketing, or you will waste a lot of time in manual activities, loose opportunities with you customers and worst of all you will be undefended against your competition!
So if you need to find out which tools would be better for your company and/or you need help in start using these tools, our agents can help.
We are the only investigative agency with a database of more than 1000 tools we studied and tested, so we are the perfect partner to help you out of this mess!
Of course, if you have any quick questions, write me in the comments and I’ll try to answer you!
Keep on the lookout,